Aquahawk Athletes and Families –
The DCHS Swimming and Diving season is coming fast! With that, it is time for us to take care of our preseason obligations to kick off the year. ALL Physicals and Online Forms MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE AN ATHLETE BEGINS THE SEASON!! ATHLETES WITHOUT ALL COMPLETED ITEMS WILL BE PENALIZED FOR MISSED ABSENCES DUE TO MISSING PAPERWORK.
Link to the Online Forms: https://decaturschools.rankonesport.com/New/NewInstructionsPage.aspx
Here is a timeline of events for the start of the 2019-20 campaign.
Monday October 21st
- ALL Athletes (INCLUDING FALL SPORT ATHLETES) need to stop in to the pool area sometime between 5:30-7:30pm for suit fitting! We will be ordering suits on Wednesday the 23rd.
- A parent from each family (INCLUDING FALL SPORT FAMILIES) must be present for our parent meeting at 7:00pm. We will meet in room 237 to discuss the season, schedules, fundraising requirements, and parent volunteers for our championship level meets that DCHS is hosting this year.
- Season Fees – $85 are due on this evening! Please bring cash or check payable to DCHS!
- DCHS Swim/Dive Fundraiser begins for BOTH BOYS AND GIRLS teams after the meeting!!
Monday October 28th
- The First OFFICIAL HS girls swim/dive practice will start promptly at 4:15pm.
Monday November 11th
- The First OFFICIAL HS boys swim/dive practice will start promptly at 4:15pm.
- Team Policies, Procedures, Letter Requirements will be discussed with ALL ATHLETES during this training session. 100% attendance for this session is expected.
- DCHS Spirit Wear Order Forms and Monies are due to the coaching staff by the END OF PRACTICE!
Friday November 15th
- Fundraiser forms will be due at the END OF PRACTICE!
- Those who opted out of fundraising, the $25 opt out fee will be due at the END OF PRACTICE. Checks payable to DCHS!
Tuesday, November 26th
- First Competition of the 2019-20 season – HOME v. Speedway & Bishop Chatard.
Training Schedule Information
Tentative training schedules for the HS season were handed out at the athlete callout meeting on August 5th. The link below will direct you to the information if you need a refresher or their athlete still is holding on to the paperwork. Finalized late Oct/November schedule and meet schedule will be distributed at the meeting on the 21st!!
Included in that link is the HOLIDAY TRAINING SCHEDULES. Those are final!! Our policy is that each athlete is granted 4 excused absences total to be used between BOTH breaks (NOT four each break). Any additional absences beyond the four will be counted as UNEXCUSED and penalized as such according to the team policies. Dates have been communicated well in advance, so there is no “surprises” that should occur. Break excused absences must be presented to Coach Grace via EMAIL (email@example.com) no later than Monday, November 18th for Thanksgiving Break and Monday, December 9th for Winter Break for consideration.
If you would like a digital/downloadable schedule to your devices, use the following link to subscribe to the DCHS Swim/Dive Google Calendar! This schedule will be set by the time of the parent meeting on the 21st.
New Website/Accounts/On Deck app
For those who have not been checking our aquatics website recently, it is updated and running! Same address as before – www.DCAquahawks.org On the right side of the main menu, click the link to DCHS/DMS Team to be taken to the new website for all things HS/MS swim team. Each family will have an account setup for that website to log in. You will find all information, updates, meet results, job sign ups when you log into this site. For those who are DTAC members this fall, I will duplicate your club account over to the HS site, you will need to recreate your password!
The vendor, Team Unify, also has an app for your phones called On Deck. It is a free app that will give you access to the website information, in place of visiting the webpage. You will be able to review times from meets (note: results on On Deck are uploaded at the end of the meets/next morning, while Meet Mobile will present live results and heats/lanes), sign up for jobs, and get last minute information, including cancellations, pushed to your phone and email. It will use the same login information that the website will use. If you are a club member, you will have access to both the club and the HS site and you will need to switch between the two to find the correct information that you are looking for!
If you have any questions on the materials presented, please contact Coach Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 317/455-3013 as soon as possible!