The Decatur Middle School Swimming and Diving Aquahawks is actively looking for new swimmers AND divers for its 2019 season! Any athlete who can complete one length of the pool comfortably can join the team!! No competitive swimming or diving experience is required!!
All prospective athletes MUST have completed and submitted their 2018-19 school year Sports Physical and their online acknowledgement forms (at DCHawks.com) before they can begin organized training sessions! In addition to completed paperwork and parent meeting, athletes shall bring the following items to EVERY training session:
- One piece bathing suit
- Swimmers: Competitive swim goggles and Center Mount Snorkel
- For those with long hair, we recommend a swimming cap to wear during training!
- T-shirt, shorts, and athletic shoes for any dryland training sessions!
- Towel and other toiletries for after training sessions!
- Lock to secure items in our locker rooms!
There will be an Athlete/Parent meeting taking place on Monday, January 7th at 6:00pm. We will meet at Decatur Central HS, Room 237. Please enter the building through Door 16 and walk around the Main Gym to the 1st classroom on the right side as you walk toward the main building. At the meeting, Coach Grace will go over all information about the team, including schedules, meets, volunteers, team fees, ect. As well, athletes will be sized for their competition suits that evening. It is imperative that your athlete attend as we will need to order swim suits ASAP. We would request that team fees be paid on the 7th to help expedite ordering materials for your swimmer.
The 2019 DMS Swim & Dive season begins on Tuesday, January 8th at 3:15pm at the Decatur Township Natatorium! 7th and 8th grade athletes will meet in the DMS Gymnasium immediately after school and will walk over with Coach Grace daily. Swimmers and Divers train 5 times per week (Monday-Friday afternoon). Training sessions for both swimmers and divers include in water and dryland trainings! Athletes will be picked up daily from Door 16 at Decatur Central High School. The DMS season ends on Friday, March 1st. 6th grade swimming athletes will practice from 6:00-7:45pm to allow these athletes to train together as one group!!
If you are interested in joining the Aquahawks, please complete the following form ASAP!! This way, we can communicate any additional information between now and the start of the season:
Documents of Interest for the 2019 Aquahawks:
- 2019 Decatur Middle School Swim Team Information Packet
- 2019 Decatur Middle School Swim & Dive Training Calendar
- 2019 Decatur Middle School Swim & Dive Meet Schedule
- Basic Competitive Swimming Strokes
- Basic Competitive Diving Information
- A Guide to Middle School Swim/Dive Meets
If you have any questions on the DMS Swimming and Diving program, please contact Head Coach Charles Grace via email at email@example.com or at 317/856-5288 extension 28005.